So here’s the story in a nutshell so far:
– I booked a UPS pickup for a client on 06/26 at 8 p.m. local time in Saskatchewan (10 p.m. Eastern).
– I called UPS around 9 p.m. Eastern to make sure they’d show up as they committed and got a whole song and dance about how the call was outside their service hours and they won’t pick up the package until 4 p.m. the next day despite the fact that I called well in advance, had a booking number, and had a promise from UPS to pick up the packages on time.
– After being on hold for 47 MINUTES (yeah, I waited it out), the supervisor gets on the line and says “well, I’ll go out of my way and try to get someone to go” – to which I replied “I’m sorry, but I don’t think honouring your commitment is ‘going out of your way’.”
– Finally, the supervisor said there’s really nothing he can do to get a pickup same night despite the commitment UPS made to me. He then committed to two things: 1) That the package would be picked up between 9 and 10 a.m. local time, and 2) that someone from UPS would call me by 9 a.m. Eastern this morning to follow up.
– Sure enough, by 9:20 a.m., no one had called, so I had to call UPS to follow up myself and they told me the packages wouldn’t be picked up until 1 p.m. local time…!
– I then had to demand to speak with a supervisor again and was put on hold for 18 minutes before the customer service rep came back and said “my supervisor put a note through to make sure the package will be picked up at 10 a.m.” and he tried to blow me off. I said I still insist on speaking with the supervisor because at this point I have exactly zero trust in UPS.
Finally a supervisor who seemed like she actually cared answered and promised me this would be resolved today. We’ll see…